Daniel Frank <ruby-talk-2597 / danielfrank.net> writes:

> Results in the same problem, I had to interrupt the script and it was
> interrupted in the same line as with my script.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce your problem since I don't have any
i386-solaris2.11 env, but you may be able to investigate what happens,
by adding the following lines to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:

logger-file /your/home/gpg.log
debug-all

(Please note that the secret information might be leaked to that file,
so I would suggest to prepare a new key for testing).

> I'm also wondering about the following line during installation of the gem:
> checking for gpgme_op_export_keys()... no
> What exactly is the gem doing here? Am I missing a library?

That is harmless since it just indicates that GPGME installed on your
system is slightly old and does not have gpgme_op_export_keys().

Anyway, could you tell me what version of GPGME you are using (with
gpgme-config --version).  Also, if you keep the GPGME source code, could
you try "make check" to see if you have working GPGME installation?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno