> My main concern with that though:
> Would RbConfig::CONFIG['host_cpu'] return "x86_64" if I'm running 32-bit
> Linux on a 64-bit CPU?

At least within a 32-bit OS (in a VM) it appears to be i686-linux so I
think we're safe there.

Also, thanks for the hint on 1.size I didn't know that one--it's
integrated now [v 0.6.1].  That wouldn't work for jruby (which always
returns 8), but should work fine for MRI, and I think we handle jruby
ok.

I also added a .mac? method--if anybody on a mac could try it out
[and/or tell me what the RUBY_PLATFORM is for OS X and OS X 64 bit] then
I could actually test it.

Re: OS.bits on a 32 within a 64...anybody know how you can tell that
you're on 64 bit running a 32 bit ruby, on windows [or linux]?

Thanks.
-r