Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-01-15, Marnen Laibow-Koser <marnen / marnen.org> wrote:
>> Actually, the early text games (particularly the Infocom ones) often
>> have better parsers than most MUDs I've played.
> Which leads me to an observation which may not be popular around here:
>
> If you want to write text adventures, do it in Inform6.

Actually, "Use The Right Tool For The Job" is very much appreciated in
the Ruby community. If you look through the archives, you will find
that recommending languages *other* than Ruby for solving particular
problems, is pretty common. R, Erlang, OCaml, Tcl and Python are some
that are regularly mentioned.

"There's More Than One Way To Do It" is one of the pillars of The Ruby
Way, and that not only applies to different approaches *within* Ruby,
but also to different languages as well.

jwm