------_extPart_001_01CA959F.233851D2

Hi,

I am facing some issues in dealing with floating point numbers
I am picking floating point numbers form MySQL DB for example 22.09

And similar numbers and store them in an array in ruby.

When I collect all the numbers I want to filter them in groups.

Suppose 22.09 was the original number and its stored in ruby array
myArray at some index.

While retrieving from array I get some number like 22.09000015.

So when I do groupings I miss out my original number as 22.09 <
22.09000015

Where as it should come in a group where numbers are 22.09 >= 22.09

I wish to have last condition returning true.Is there any simple way to
do that as my dataset contains around a million numbers.

If I use conversion to string and back to to_f I lose time of
approximately 10 secs for each 7000 rows.

Regards,

Prashant

------_extPart_001_01CA959F.233851D2--