Zach Bartels wrote:

> If anyone knows of good general reading targetted at Text/MUD games in
> particular, and the various systems and design concepts, as well as
> how they are implemnented.  It would be very appreciated.

I don't know about games in general but a very successful OO pattern you
may consider is MVC, particularly the modeling aspect.

You might also consider Rails' modeling API.  The Rails team have
recently announced an abstraction for modeling called ActiveModel.  It
gives regular objects all the goodness of ActiveRecord model objects.

http://yehudakatz.com/2010/01/10/activemodel-make-any-ruby-object-feel-like-activerecord/

Jose
Jose Hales-Garcia
UCLA Department of Statistics