On Jan 12, 6:19=A0pm, Chuck Remes <cremes.devl... / mac.com> wrote:
> In my ruby code I am making a call out to a COM object that is =A0
> returning an array of objects. I extract some information from these =A0
> objects and then request a new batch to do the same work all over again.
>
> Even though I am clearing the received array out, my program slowly =A0
> leaks memory until it hits its limit (around 1.4 GB on Windows) and =A0
> dies.
>
> I have tried adding my_object.ole_free calls everywhere, but that has =A0
> not helped at all. I've looked through the archives (back to 2004) and =
=A0
> saw that this was a common issue years ago. I had hoped it would be =A0
> fixed by now.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to force these unused objects =A0
> to get GC'ed? This program needs to run a long time so a memory leak =A0
> is absolutely fatal.

Please include exact and complete version of Ruby you're using (ruby -
v) and under which Windows flavor.

Also, if this can be reproducible with any COM object, include a
sample script for us to reproduce in other Windows version and Ruby
version combinations.

Once we have that and we can confirm, I'll recommend submitting a bug
report to Ruby own bug tracking system:

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/

There select the proper version and report the issue.

--
Luis Lavena