In my ruby code I am making a call out to a COM object that is
returning an array of objects. I extract some information from these
objects and then request a new batch to do the same work all over again.

Even though I am clearing the received array out, my program slowly
leaks memory until it hits its limit (around 1.4 GB on Windows) and
dies.

I have tried adding my_object.ole_free calls everywhere, but that has
not helped at all. I've looked through the archives (back to 2004) and
saw that this was a common issue years ago. I had hoped it would be
fixed by now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to force these unused objects
to get GC'ed? This program needs to run a long time so a memory leak
is absolutely fatal.

cr