On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Jeff <cohen.jeff / gmail.com> wrote:

> But I haven't seen anyone else need to do this in their modules/
> classes, so now I'm wondering - has anyone else needed to do this?  > seems like this would be a common problem for any shared Ruby library,
> so now I'm wondering why I *haven't* run into this before.

As things get sufficiently, complex, I think that something like this
might be reasonable.   Prawn is edging on needing some support for
avoiding name clashes, since it carries a lot of internal state in the
Document class and utilizes many mixins.
I'm not sure if this is the convention we'll use, but it's one possibility.