Hi all, I'm executing a program from within my ruby script and
attempting to capture the output of stderr and stdout. The relevant
lines of code are below:

def create_cmd(count)
$webkit_path + ' ' + $url + " 1>std_out.#{$options[:seed]}.#{$options
[:prefix]}.#{$count} 2>std_err.#{$options[:seed]}.#{$options
[:prefix]}.#{$count} "
end

system(create_cmd(0))

When I remove the redirection, I see all of the output that I expect.
However, when I execute the above lines, only std_err has content,
while std_out has nothing. The output being collected is standard
printfs in a modified version of WebKit, if that's relevant.

I am totally baffled how this is happening. I hope it's something
easy, my brain is waking up from vacation.

Be sure to let me know if I can provide any other relevant details to
help diagnose this problem.

Thank you!