Walton Hoops wrote:
> On 1/8/2010 8:15 AM, Michael Hughesdon wrote:
>>> tell me what ruby-web.exe is and where I can get an installer from?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>> After a little more searching...ruby web was a foundation built to
>> better support ruby on the web.  It appears to have been discontinued
>> now, for details look it up in the internet wayback machine at
>> www.ruby-web.org.
>>
> Darn, and here I was hoping you knew something I didn't since getting
> ruby running
> on IIS is something I have tried to do in the past. You can try ROR for
> IIS (I haven't),
> but it's had no updates and no news since 2007, which makes me leery.
> http://www.codeplex.com/RORIIS
>
> The other question... is there a reason it needs to be IIS? Or even
> windows for that
> matter? If not, you could always get an Apache install on your windows
> server, and
> with a little configuration get ruby running under that, or go with an
> Ubuntu (or some
> other Linux server) and setup will be pretty trivial.

Hi Walton,

Unfortunately I work at a windows site so IIS it is.

I'm glad to say that I now have ruby running, though I've fiddled around
with so many instructions I'm not sure which one finally got it working.

I did use the ROR for IIS you mentioned, it may be old but since I'm
running  on Win 2k3 server and IIS 6 my setup isn't the most recent
either.

This is the site that seemed the most helpful if you need to try IIS
again.

http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/archive/2007/02/18/10-steps-to-get-Ruby-on-Rails-running-on-Windows-with-IIS-FastCGI.aspx