On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:56:39PM +0900, Paul Brannan wrote:
> Interesting.  The author starts with some rather odd claims about
> needing lots of extra code in staticly typed languages, but I find his
> number of 850% more hard to believe.

For those who haven't read the article, the author does not present 850% as any
sort of average/typical case - what he says is 'could get as large as...850%'.
So I take this as an extreme worse case.  The number that he seems to be
presenting as an average case for the programming that he has done (and this is
given with a YMMV disclaimer in the article) is 275%.  I'm not sure he's even
making the claim that he's written code that has an 850% disparity in size.

-kyle

--
http://mas.cs.umass.edu/~rawlins