On 1/8/2010 8:15 AM, Michael Hughesdon wrote:
> Michael Hughesdon wrote:
>
>> Newbie question!
>>
>> I have never used Ruby, but I am trying to mirror a production web app
>> written in Ruby onto a new test server running Windows 2003 and IIS.
>> The production server lists ruby-web.exe as one of the files under the
>> web extension handling ruby requests in the IIS setup, but having
>> installed Ruby and Rails on the test server there is no ruby-web.exe
>> present, and googling hasn't turned up anything meaningful.  Can someone
>> tell me what ruby-web.exe is and where I can get an installer from?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> After a little more searching...ruby web was a foundation built to
> better support ruby on the web.  It appears to have been discontinued
> now, for details look it up in the internet wayback machine at
> www.ruby-web.org.

Darn, and here I was hoping you knew something I didn't since getting
ruby running
on IIS is something I have tried to do in the past. You can try ROR for
IIS (I haven't),
but it's had no updates and no news since 2007, which makes me leery.
http://www.codeplex.com/RORIIS

The other question... is there a reason it needs to be IIS? Or even
windows for that
matter? If not, you could always get an Apache install on your windows
server, and
with a little configuration get ruby running under that, or go with an
Ubuntu (or some
other Linux server) and setup will be pretty trivial.