Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03545] Re: function objects?"
    on 00/06/19, Johann Hibschman <johann / physics.berkeley.edu> writes:

|Also, why require "obj.method(:function)" rather than having
|"obj.method" itself return a bound method object, as is the case in
|Python?  Is there something in the Ruby grammar that would make it
|awkward, is it a consequence of making everything an object that I
|don't see yet, or is it something else entirely?

Because I choose `obj.method' as alias of `obj.method()'.

Methods without argument is much frequently used than retrieving
method object.  In addition, it allows much room for method
optimization, which is very important for performance of an
object-oriented language.
							matz.