Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Xeno Campanoli <xeno.campanoli / gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't see it mentioned in the File chapter of the latest Pickaxe book?  Is
>> this just a mistake?  I would think it would be mentioned as deprecated
>> otherwise...???  Apparently I use File.new instead, but it seems like
>> File.open is worth leaving around...?
>
> It's actually IO.open, and File which is a subclass of IO inherits it.
>
> It's documented on page 549.

No, it's not on my page 549.  I've got instance methods pid through putc on that
page, and open nowhere to be found...

Ah, wait, it's a class method not an instance method:  IT's on Page 540 in this
edition (Programming Ruby 1.9).

xc

--
"It's the preponderance, stupid!" - Professor Stephen Schneider, IPCC member