On 01/05/2010 05:32 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> But my point was a bit different.  Python and Ruby are basically similar
> languages, and what annoys me is that there seems not to have been the
> will in the Ruby community to steal some speed tricks from Python.  (I'd
> be working on this if I knew anything practical about language
> implementation, but I don't.)

Well, 1.9 *has been* improved dramatically in the area of performance
(among others).  Whether this is because of "tricks stolen from Python"
I cannot judge.  Your statement seems to imply that the Ruby community
is negligent of performance which is not true.

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/