Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> wrote in message news:<Pine.GSO.4.21.0203080933370.936-100000 / godzilla.ce.chalmers.se>...
> ..relevant to Ruby compared to other languages discussion:
>
> http://www.chimu.com/publications/short/whyDynamicTyping.html
>
> Regards,
>
> /Robert

It's interesting that in discussions about static/dynamic typing the
samples will almost invariably focus on retrieving items from untyped
containers and/or heterogeneous collections. Since template support
has improved so much static typing hardly ever interferes with
containers in my day-to-day C++ programming anymore.

I love programming in Ruby for many reasons, including dynamic typing,
but the container problems aren't very convincing to me. Maybe it's
worse for Java programmers.

Andrew