Hi all,

  I am a Puerto Rican using Ruby, so the apps I develop are mostly in
Spanish.  I am using FXRuby for GUI development (I want to learn wxRuby,
but I can't find any good tutorials out there).  Sometimes, when I
create FXLabels, and have to use Spanish characters like: á é í ó ú,
they don't display properly on the window.  I did a simple test and made
a script with one single line:

puts "á é í ó ú"

When I run this script, the output is:

Obviously not what I intended!  Funny thing is, when I write that very
same line using irb, the characters display properly.

I think there might be some sort of internationalization issue, perhaps
not even in the language itself.

This is a problem because these characters are sometimes necessary for
words in Spanish, and not using them might mean grammatically incorrect
applications.

Can someone please clarify this for me?  Thanks!