I am not sure what you mean, but I probably would not know the answer if
I understood the question.  I infer that, for the purpose of loading and
saving the file, SciTE is looking at the directory where Test2.rb
exists, because that is the directory listing that appears when I select
Save As from the File menu.  Whether or not SciTE invokes ruby in that
directory, where Test2.rb exists, or changes to the directory where ruby
exists, I do not know.

Changing the case of the first letter in the file name made no
difference in the result, which is:
 >ruby Test2.rb
 >The system cannot find the file specified.

Thanks,

            RBA