On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Roger B. Atkins <roger-b-atkins / cox.net> w=
rote:
> I am learning Ruby from scratch, using a beginner's book and have install=
ed
> Ruby on my WIN Vista platform. =A0This is my first use of Ruby-Talk. =A0I=
 hope
> the following questions/problems are within the scope of Ruby-Talk:
>
> 1. =A0The book says there should be two source/text editors, FreeRide and
> SciTE, but I only have SciTE.

My guess is that you installed using the Ruby one click installer?  If
so, I'd suggest uninstalling this, and installing the newer
rubyinstaller which contains Ruby 1.9, and doesn't try to force SciTE
on you.  If I recall correctly, this installer will sort out all your
path problems for you.

http://rubyinstaller.org/download.html

> 2. =A0Using SciTE, F5 or Tools/Go, results in an error message to the eff=
ect
> that the system can't find my source file. =A0The only way I have found t=
o run
> my program is from the command line, and then it only works if I use an o=
ld
> DOS path command, include the full path before the program name, or chang=
> to the directory in which the source file is located. =A0Is there a way t=
o set
> path from within SciTE?
>
> Thanks,
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0RBA