On Dec 31, 4:14=A0pm, "Roger B. Atkins" <roger-b-atk... / cox.net> wrote:
> I am learning Ruby from scratch, using a beginner's book and have
> installed Ruby on my WIN Vista platform. =A0This is my first use of
> Ruby-Talk. =A0I hope the following questions/problems are within the scop=
Hi Roger,

1) I've not seen Freeride distributed with the stock ruby
installation.
if you'd like to use it, it's here =3D> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=
=3D31

My suggestion starting out would be to use Notepad++

2) For errors that you get while running, it is best to post the error
verbatim to get the best help as opposed to describing the error.

$LOAD_PATH or $: can be set from with your program. A handy snippet to
add to the top of your programs is

$:.unshift File.dirname(__FILE__) unless
  $:.include? File.dirname(__FILE__)

This will add the path of your file to the load path unless
it is already there.

If you want to know what your load path is, open an irb session
and enter   p $:

Have fun with Ruby,

Darryl