I am learning Ruby from scratch, using a beginner's book and have
installed Ruby on my WIN Vista platform.  This is my first use of
Ruby-Talk.  I hope the following questions/problems are within the scope
of Ruby-Talk:

1.  The book says there should be two source/text editors, FreeRide and
SciTE, but I only have SciTE.

2.  Using SciTE, F5 or Tools/Go, results in an error message to the
effect that the system can't find my source file.  The only way I have
found to run my program is from the command line, and then it only works
if I use an old DOS path command, include the full path before the
program name, or change to the directory in which the source file is
located.  Is there a way to set path from within SciTE?

Thanks,
               RBA