On 29.12.2009 19:11, Aldric Giacomoni wrote:

> Precisely why we should have at least one IDE. Maybe we can talk to the
> Jetbrains people and have a limited version of Rubymine on there; but
> that may be a little later in the game :)

Best would be one in native code, too. On a VM, performance starts to
matter again. :)

> Marnen does bring up an interesting point. My idea is to give people
> lots of choices. Marnen's idea is to direct people.

In an appliance, choices are *bad*. They are even worse for beginners.

> Going back to the documentation -- if the VM settles for an editor, then
> the documentation can be directed at this editor, and possibly make
> everything a lot more painless. I vote for redcar, half-jokingly,
> half-serious: http://redcareditor.com/

I'd even say roll our own: Top left a Tutorial, bottom left
Documentation (IntelliSense style, maybe), on the right the editor
buffer, with script output in a pop up window, all this in full screen mode.

--
Phillip Gawlowski
I should stop writing .sigs by hand.