On 29.12.2009 15:41, Marvin Glker wrote:

> On the other hand, I'm not
> sure how MinGW will cope with the types used by the Windows API; as far
> as I know, MinGW is using an old C runtime and many things have changed
> in the WinAPI since then.

If you find a Windows API call, or for that matter, an MS DOS 1.0 API
call that doesn't work as expected, MS treats that as a bug. The API
won't change. Once it's documented somewhere, it continues to take the
arguments it did the moment it was introduced. Implementation can
change, of course. ;)

MS takes that so far, that they introduced compatibility shims to keep
SimCity 2000 running on newer OSes.

There'll have been changes in the driver model for Windows introduced
with Vista (or rather: Windows 6.0), but since I doubt you want to
access the WDDM, I doubt this is a major issue.

That said: I have copy of Win 7 and Visual Studio 2008 Pro available, so
I can offer (limited) assistance: I can test builds for you against the
current Platform SDK (which works outside of VS, but needs Windows), as
long as you send me a Visual Studio solution. ;)

--
Phillip Gawlowski