Dave Lilley wrote:
> I was hoping i could "just" cause an event to happen which would linkup
> with the other PC push the data down and then close the connection.

If that's all you want to do - sync directories between two machines
periodically - then don't reinvent the wheel, just install 'unison' and
be done with it:

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

It can even sync between Windows<->Unix (I have a friend who does this).

To run unison over ssh, then I think the easiest way would be to install
cygwin on both sides and use the cygwin unison package (I presume there
is one).

unison is cool because, unlike rsync, it can sync bidirectionally. A
file created/edited/deleted on side A will be replicated to side B, and
vice versa.