On Dec 23, 2009, at 11:26 PM, John Mettraux wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM, James Edward Gray II
> <james / graysoftinc.com> wrote:
>> I've found a memory leak in some FFI code.  I'll give example code =
below, but I can explain the issue easily enough first.
>>=20
>> When calling a function provided by Tokyo Cabinet, it returns a value =
in the form of a pointer and a length to read at that address.  The =
documentation for the function (tchdbget() at =
http://1978th.net/tokyocabinet/spex-en.html#tchdbapi, if you are =
interested) warns that the returned region was allocated with malloc() =
and needs to be free()d.  I can't figure out how to free the value, so =
there is a memory leak.  What I would like to know is how to free the =
value at the end of the pointer.
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> maybe
>=20
>  http://gist.github.com/263033
>=20
> or
>=20
>  http://gist.github.com/263034
>=20
> Seems to work.

Yeah, those do seem to work.  Awesome.  Thanks for the help!

James Edward Gray II=