On 2009-12-23, jzakiya <jzakiya / mail.com> wrote:
> I use a Linux calculator named Qaculate.
> I do not know the people who designed and
> coded it, but it makes me happy. Why?

Because it's not using IEEE 754 floats.

> So I am asking you to see that these errors be fixed.

And we have been asking you to please LEARN TO READ.

All your ranting misses the point.

THE RESULTS YOU ARE GETTING ARE MANDATED BY AN INTERNATIONAL STANDARD,
AND EVERY PIECE OF MATHEMATICAL CODE WRITTEN IN ANY LANGUAGE FOR THE LAST
TWO DECADES WHICH DOES NOT PROVIDE ITS OWN ARITHMETIC LIBRARIES FOR
SPECIAL PURPOSES HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH THESE RESULTS FROM THESE
INPUTS.

Changing this would break EVERYTHING.

Here's a suggestion:  Write a class which provides the semantics you want,
and use it instead of floating point numbers.  The semantics of floating
point values are very rigidly defined, and failure to generate the exact
same behaviors as other systems would be MUCH worse than generating answers
which have miniscule rounding errors.

-s
--
Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net