On 20 Dec 2009, at 05:02, Roger Pack wrote:
>> I estimate that around $500 pcm is my break-even, which is pretty=20
>> low, and beyond that I can fund non-essentials such as conferences =
and=20
>> replacement hardware if anything happens to my MacBook or Wind.
>=20
> What is pcm?

per calendar month :)

> Anyway I don't know if my previous email got lost [I don't see it=20
> anywhere].
>=20
> Greg's idea for mendicant was a pretty good one--ask for donations, =
get=20
> corporate sponsors to match or to sponsor you out right.  The kicker=20=

> with something experimental like this is to convince people "why it's=20=

> the next best thing."
>=20
> Besides that, google SoC might work, if you can find a student to work=20=

> on it.  Or some type of research funding grant, or get a full time job=20=

> with somebody that gives you 20% time for research, like I guess =
Google=20
> does (do those companies exist?) :)

It's becoming quite a frequent thing in web companies but but =
unfortunately I have a small child who eats up a lot of my 'non-work' =
hours so 20% of my employed time + what I can arrange at weekends would =
maybe amount to a total of 80 days of coding per year - nowhere near =
enough to make a dent in this project :(

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-brains.net