Hi,

Thanks to some good feedback and a lot of code tweaking, I'm glad to
announce the first beta version of Ruby/SMB.

What is it?
Ruby/SMB is a Ruby extension library for connecting to SMB network
resources (such as Windows file shares) using samba's libsmbclient.

Improvements since last release is the stat feature (and the
SMB::File::Stat class), SMB::File#seek now working with SEEK_END,
improved url parsing, plus a bunch of small useful features and bug
fixes.

The included smbclient.rb very simple ftp-like network client works
well too, and I even use it as my primary network browser and mp3
downloader. =)

Where?
home page:
http://rubysmb.sourceforge.net/

download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43617&release_id=78297

I'd really appreciate feedback and bug reports before the 1.0 version...

Regards,
Henrik