> I estimate that around $500 pcm is my break-even, which is pretty
> low, and beyond that I can fund non-essentials such as conferences and
> replacement hardware if anything happens to my MacBook or Wind.

What is pcm?

Anyway I don't know if my previous email got lost [I don't see it
anywhere].

Greg's idea for mendicant was a pretty good one--ask for donations, get
corporate sponsors to match or to sponsor you out right.  The kicker
with something experimental like this is to convince people "why it's
the next best thing."

Besides that, google SoC might work, if you can find a student to work
on it.  Or some type of research funding grant, or get a full time job
with somebody that gives you 20% time for research, like I guess Google
does (do those companies exist?) :)

-r