Hi --

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Tony Arcieri wrote:

> I would absolutely love if Array recursively performed #=== on its
> arguments.  AFAICT Array#=== is practically identical to Array#==

It's an interesting idea but I wonder how useful it would be, compared
to having case equality be essentially == for Arrays. I just can't
imagine that many cases of, say:

   case array
   when [/abc/, Fixnum, "hi"]

etc. I guess it might occasionally be used for checking regex matches
on a bunch of strings at the same time:

   case user_data
   when [first_name_re, last_name_re, age_re, email_re]

or something -- but even in such a case, you'd probably want to do it
in such a way that you could isolate which one went wrong.

On the other hand, something like:

   case user_data
   when other_user_data

seems like a more likely comparison scenario.

David

--
David A. Black
Senior Developer, Cyrus Innovation Inc.