Dear Sirs,

Just to improve my programming skills and experience I found amusing =
solving problems like the ones posed by project Euler. Doing so, using =
Ruby is a joy, compared to Objective-C that I've used for the same =
purpose in the past.

I'm stuck in the second problem though. Here is the issue:

Each new term in the Fibonacci sequence is generated by adding the =
previous two terms. By starting with 1 and 2, the first 10 terms will =
be:

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ...

Find the sum of all the even-valued terms in the sequence which do not =
exceed four million.

I think that my code solves it. Works when I test it to smaller =
fractions, can someone reply if there's something wrong with this =
snippet:
- ---------------
# fibonacci

a =3D 1
b =3D 0
sum =3D 0
while a <=3D 4000000
 # get the old value of "a"
 c =3D a + b
 #puts c
 if (c % 2 !=3D 0)
  sum =3D sum + c
 end
 b =3D a
 a =3D c
end
 =20
puts sum
- ---------------

Well my result is: 10316618 . I know that the original Fibonacci =
sequence will have a (+1) in the beginning of the loop, but (probably) =
for the sake of convenience is ignored. The system however returns a =
"false error" in both 10316618 and 10316618 + 1.

Thanks in advanced & best regards=20

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma / convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0xFC4E8BB4=20
gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xFC4E8BB4
- --
The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to =
their level and beat you with experience."