> I suspect most BIOSes have this feature, but I have no idea how to
> access it

i was thinking about bios features, but being able to access and change
certain features of it will either give the user alot of hassle or
myself in having to change things on the many different bios versions
there are, if it is even possible to change it programmatically, not to
mention the warning label that would have to be included by going that
route.

> programmatically. I did find this:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/

will definetly have to check this out, might be able to salvage
something from it, with a bit of research.

> I have no idea how well it works, though, and it's probably going to be
> system-specific.

i would like to have it be cross-platform, but i dont have a problem
with testing for the OS is need be,   thanks David.