> In this case, it's not "just because we can", but because I think it would
> look noticeably better. In particular, Ruby's greatest strength is good-
> looking DSLs. However, Haml looks better to me than any Ruby-based builder
> DSL, and the biggest reason is all those 'end' statements.

I agree about Haml, so I suppose  my answer to the poll must be that white
space should always count, or never count, but not that it should sometimes
count. (I know the question was whether I would use it, but I'm saying that
I shouldn't have a choice, I would rather the language does or doesn't not
implement it, without the ability to choose).