Jordi Bunster wrote:
> You have an Array with one Struct. Get the Struct, and call the FLAGS
> method. Or use ["FLAGS"].
>
> Mind you, FLAGS is also an Array, that could contain more flags than
> :Seen. See the "include?" or "detect" methods on Array.
>
> There's also a chance your object has a method that does that for you.
> Maybe "seen?". Never used Net::IMAP.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks! FLAGS can have multiple items in it, but I know for certain that
IMAP server I'm working on will always only have one item or none at
all.

I got it by doing the following. I wonder is there a better way, what
I'm doing seems redundant but it's how I got it to work.

imap = Net::IMAP.new('imap.mydomain.com')
status = imap.fetch(message_id, 'FLAGS')[0].attr['FLAGS']

if (status[0]).nil? then
    status[0] = "UNREAD"
  else
    status[0] = "READ"