--001636416dfb16171c047aade7ac

What is your favorite Ruby template language for generating HTML?

Which editor do you use to edit HTML templates?

Well, I'm not using regularly HTML templates, but for what I know of them,
I'd probably use TextMate

Which editor do you use to edit Ruby source?

TextMate

If Ruby had optional significant whitespace as a core language feature
(maybe
like http://gist.github.com/117694)
, would you use it:

Never, that jus looks awful to me, and very hard to read. Also, it doesn't
let you use some extra indentation.

If your favorite template language is Haml, would you prefer Erector if Ruby
had significant whitespace?
(yes/no/NA)

No, I prefer Erector, as it is, mainly because I love to write pure Ruby

If you actually dislike Haml, is it because of the significant whitespace?
(yes/no/NA)

No, I think it's a good feature in a template for XML-like languages. But
not for a programming language(because it is far more complex syntax than
just XML nodes, ins't it?)

Have you done any significant development in Python?
(yes/no)

Not really, I did a little at a time, and found more easier to write a "end"
and then be able to read it fast than not writing it and be dead if the
indentation got wong.

For example:

def meth(*args)
  if args.length && ...
    do_something

def another_meth
end

def third_meth
end

or ?

def meth(*args)
  if args.length && ...
    do_something

def another_meth

def third_meth

Yes, you get rid of this "useless" end's, but also the readability I think
because you never see the end of a context, you have to deduce it from
lesser indentation, what is not easy when you come to 5 levels...

Just try to "translate" a stdlib of Ruby, and you'll see your pain to read
it after ;)

--001636416dfb16171c047aade7ac--