Gregory Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser <marnen / marnen.org>
> wrote:
>> No it's not. I'm using it in production quite happily, and have been
>> for some time.
>
> Peter is just quoting our own statements about support level.  We
> consider Prawn to be alpha-level software, edging towards beta.   Not
> because large parts of it aren't good (much of core Prawn is possibly
> suitable for production), but because things are still very much up in
> the air between now and 1.0.   We're generally quick about fixing bugs
> and we don't go around making API changes for the fun of it, but at
> the same time, we don't want to give anyone a false sense of security.

Hey, Rails changes its API all the time, and it's not even a beta! :D

> One thing is for sure, to use Prawn effectively, until we get close to
> 1.0, you need to be able to read source and possibly patch it.

I've never really had to do that to use Prawn; granted, I'm using it for
fairly simple stuff.  I ran into one rendering bug, which I tried (and
failed) to fix myself, but other than that, it Just Works.

> That's why it's not particularly suitable for beginners.

I actually don't agree that it isn't.  However, I do agree that the
project mailing list is not the place for basic Ruby syntax questions.

> -greg

Best,
--
MarnenLaibow-Koser