Ruby Newbee wrote:
> And I believe Sinatra is lighter and easier to learn than Rails, is it?

Yes - in the sense that it's very much smaller, and you can easily grasp
the whole of it.

You'll probably end up writing your own helper methods for the things
you need - which in many cases is easier that wading through Rails APIs
to try and find whether Rails has something pre-existing that you could
use, and how to use it.

As regards templates: note the following comment from the HEAD
(unreleased) version of Sinatra.

= 1.0 / unreleased

 * Sinatra now uses Tilt <http://github.com/rtomayko/tilt> for rendering
   templates. This adds support for template caching, consistent
   template backtraces, and support for new template engines, like
   markaby and liquid.

So that's a good place to look at available templating options.

For generating (X)HTML I use HAML - you'll either love it or hate it. I
love it because my templates are tiny, I never have to close any tags,
and I'm always guaranteed well-formed XML.