Has there any been an effort to make a ruby Wordpress port? I am a
rails and ruby guy, and now have to do a blog in Wordpress. PHP is an
ugly langauge and I wish I could use ruby for extending and looking at
the architecture. Since Wordpress is open source we could just
straight port a lot of the code from wordpress as it is. Someone could
even make a parser which makes php extensions or themes compatible.

I guess in general, this is a question about the lack of CMS's in
ruby. THe general comments usually are, why have a cms when we can
make it in rails so much fast? I agree with the point that Rails is
quite mature and robust to handle making any type of site very
quickly. There is one problem, this is contingent on knowing Ruby on
Rails. To help further Ruby's cause perhaps people should come to
together to port a few proper CMS's or at least add some sort of
compatibly.