--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

Hello, dear readers of ruby-talk.

I an avid user of gem update/gem cleanup pair, but I just
noticed that gem cleanup does not drop old executables.

After em install art-decomp -v 0.0.0; gem update; gem cleanupI still
have the ad-compare executable (which was in 0.0.0 but was renamed to
ad-analyse in 0.1.0).

Similarily, if I have both 0.0.0 and 0.1.0 installed and try to gem
uninstall the 0.0.0 version, it will ask about removing the executables.
If I decline, no executables get removed (so I end up with both 0.0.0”Ēs
and 0.1.0”Ēs executables); if I agree, I”Ēm only left with executables
introduced in 0.1.0.

I can understand gem uninstall”Ēs behaviour, but would it make sensehat
when I uninstall 0.0.0, there”Ēs an option to remove the executablessed
solely by that version? If there was an option for this, gem cleanup
could use it by default.

I”Ēm writing to ruby-talk because I”Ēm not sure I”Ēm not missing something
about RubyGems; I”Ēm also not sure where to report a bug  on RubyForge”Ēs
bug tracker or on Ruby”Ēs Redmine (now that RubyGems are a part of 1.9).

”½ Shot
--
Anyone who finds the MS Office ribbon intuitive is
not a member of the human species as I understand it.

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--