FYI:
Michael Neumann answered my bug report on
Wed, 6 Feb 2002:

Norbert Gawor wrote:
> Michael,
> can you please check the following changes to your modules
> and inherit them in the next version?

Done.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1) Corrected in DBD/ODBC/ODBC.rb:
>    $Id: ODBC.rb,v 1.6 2001/11/22 14:21:13 michael Exp $
> 
> column_info (line 233) changed to:
> 
>   def column_info
>     info = []
>     @handle.columns(true).each do |col| # <== for all ODBC::columns
>       info << {
>         'name'       => col.name,
>         'table'      => col.table,
>         'nullable'   => col.nullable,
>         'searchable' => col.searchable,
>         'precision'  => col.precision,
>         'scale'      => col.scale,
>         'sql_type'   => col.type,
>         'type_name'  => DBI::SQL_TYPE_NAMES[col.type],
>         'length'     => col.length,
>         'unsigned'   => col.unsigned
>       }
>       info # <== return Array of Hashes (without, it returned col)

I put this line after the following "end", to make it more obvious.

>     end


> 2) Corrected in DBI/proxyserver.rb:
>    $Id: proxyserver.rb,v 1.1 2001/11/17 17:17:53 michael Exp $
> 
> line 139:
> "unless" changed to "if":
> if DBI::DBD::API_VERSION.split(".")[0].to_i != DBI::DBD::DBI::ProxyServer...

fixed!
...
I also fixed the proxyserver.rb and dbd_proxy. You can now use it 
with method columns.

BTW, Ruby/DBI moved to Sourceforge.net.
You can find it now (anonymous CVS available) at:

  http://sf.net/projects/ruby-dbi

Regards,

  Michael
-- 
Michael Neumann
merlin.zwo InfoDesign GmbH
http://www.merlin-zwo.de