Chris Gehlker wrote:
> I've been noodling all day about how the editing window in
> RubyStudio should
> interact with the keyboard. I want to have a 'syntax aware' mode where the
> user just types and window formats the text automagically. I believe that
> nobody dislikes this kind of editor. They either like it or they hate it
> passionately. So there has to be an option to turn it off.
>
> The hard part is what to do when syntax aware editing is off. My current
> thinking is there should be two other options.

[snip]

I am assuming that the automatic formatting that you are describing is full
formatting, and not just smart indenting. If so, you may want to allow users
to toggle auto-formatting and smart-indenting on or off independently of one
another.

In any case, even when they are turned off its still nice to have a "format
source code" command that will reformat the code in the current file (or
within the current selection).

Curt