--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

James Edward Gray II:

> On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:42 PM, Roger Pack wrote:

>> jeweler is what I'm using these days.

> I've seen several uses of it now and it always strikes me that
> it's just about the same size as a traditional gem specification.

Well, I have never created a gem myself prior to two-days-ago (and
I the kind of person who likes to read the docs a bit before doing
something for the first time) but now that I wanted to and got the
feeling that Jeweler might be worth a try, it was nice to find out
a five-line Rakefile task and a °∆rake version:bump:°ń°« followed by
a °∆rake install°« is all I need to get the gemspec recreated, validated,
the gem rolled and subsequently gem-installed.

All this without even knowing what goes into the .gemspec, what ends up
in the .gem file (well, my curiousity won as usual, but still°ń), nor how
to turn one into the other  and I have the added bonus that once Iant
to actually punish the public by publishing the gem, it°«s also a single
Rake call away.

(Note that theversion:bump tasks also quietly create a bump commit with
a standard message, while the release task pushes to GitHub and tags the
commit appropriately; at the same time, the °∆jeweler°« command can setup
a new project from scratch with both a fresh GitHub repo and the release
automagic, which can promote some kind of  volundary, of course  nice
standarisation of these things, not to mention the ease of setup.)

°Ĺ Shot
--
Unix co-creator Ken Thompson, asked what he°«d do differently
if had it do all over again, replied that he°«d include the

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--