>> jeweler is what I'm using these days.
>
> I've seen several uses of it now and it always strikes me that it's just
> about the same size as a traditional gem specification.  Which problem
> were we trying to solve with all of these fancy packagers again?  :)
>
> I'm mostly kidding here.  Everyone should use whatever they like, of
> course.

Yeah now that we no longer publish through github it's not as much of a
necessity.  It does still give you the

s.add_development_dependency 'x'

it will break that up into the appropriate dependency based on rubygems
version (i.e. it gives you the backwards compatible checks for free),
but beyond that you could probably just stick it in a gemspec anyway.

-r