On Sunday 29 November 2009 02:33:01 pm Omar Campos wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the replies.  I know this question is probably asked a
> lot, but thanks.  What did you mean about baking gems into apps?  I
> think rawr fits my needs, but I will also check out Capistrano.

If rawr fits your needs, Capistrano almost certainly doesn't, and vice versa.
To over-simplify:

Rawr is for deploying apps to desktops.
Capistrano is for deploying apps to servers.

And by "baking gems into apps", I mean what's often referred to as "freezing
gems" -- basically, just before you ship your app, you install all relevant
gems to a subdirectory inside your app folder. Thus, users don't have to worry
about gems at all, it's just as if all the gem code is part of your app.

This is something that I intensely dislike, personally. It's the antithesis of
all that is good and pure about package managers, but it may fit your needs.