Michael Davis <mdavis / sevainc.com> writes:

> A link is automatically created for more_info.rb and works
> great. However, if I named my file more_info.txt instead of
> more_info.rb, the link is not created.  Can an enhancement be made to
> RDoc to look for other extensions in addition to .rb so I can use
> more_info.txt and get a link to more_info.txt?

I _believe_ you can currently do this by prepending http: to the
name. However, you'll have to manage the relative path between the
documentation file and the generated html.

For example, you have a directory containing  x.rb and x.txt. You
generate RDoc documentation, and it puts the result into
doc/files/x_rb.html. A reference form this to x.txt would have to be
../../x.txt. If you then move the documentation (say onto the web),
the link will be broken. This is why I only support internal links to
files that RDoc manages.

However, you _can_ use :include: to include a .txt file into a .rb
file and make its contents accessible that way.

Dave