On 2009-11-21, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> In message "Re: Order of evaluation and precedence"
>     on Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:30:12 +0900, Seebs <usenet-nospam / seebs.net> writes:
>|Is it actually guaranteed that the output will have "a" after "b" and "c"?
>|In C, it wouldn't be.

> In Ruby, it should be.  It's part of spec.

Okay, thanks!  I just couldn't tell whether it was an intentional part of
the spec, or just the usual ambiguity that crops up when people discuss
precedence and order of evaluation.

(In C, I think it's a feature that order of evaluation isn't defined;
in Ruby, I think it's probably a feature that it is.)

-s
--
Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net