Hello --

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:02:23 GMT, Dave Thomas
> <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:
>

> >The latest RDoc in CVS (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=42128)
> >includes initial support for xml output.
> >
> >   %  rdoc  --fmt xml  ...
> >
> >The DTD is in the etc/rdoc.dtd directory.
> >

> Why are you playing with this old DTD stuff.
>
> All new applications should use XSchema it is much
> more readable and gives you more ways to describe the
> semantic. And it is easy to learn :-)

Interesting example of the relativity of readability, as discussed
in recent threads.  Give me a DTD over a Schema any day, exactly
on that criterion :-)

I wonder whether XSchema will get much support, given that there
are various alternatives around.  It looks to me like it represents
the everything-should-be-an-XML document philosophy taken a little
too far....

Whoops, I'm off topic.  Ummmm, Dave, I hope you'll keep the DTD
(with or without a parallel XSchema) in RDoc.

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net