Hi Guys,

I'm very new to Ruby, so please bare with me!

I'm trying to make a ruby script that runs a command/executable. The
command/executable is native to Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6. It's the
sendmail command (found in /usr/sbin/sendmail). The script I have so far
is this:

###################################

when "email"
  begin
    job_media = ENV['job_media']
    job_reason = ENV['JOB_REASON']
    e_address = get_node_value('post-action-e-address')
    eeemail(job_media, job_reason, e_address)
  end

###################################

def eeemail(job_media, job_reason, e_address)

RECIPIENT = dan / boxer.co.uk
MEDIA = blah
REASON = job_reason
SUBJECT = "Engine Admin - Job #{REASON}"

exec("/usr/sbin/./sendmail #{RECIPIENT} << EOF
From: "Episode Engine" <noreply / example.com>
Subject: "#{SUBJECT}"

"Job #{MEDIA} has #{REASON}"
EOF")

end

This script will run when a piece of software my company sell, finishes
a task. The main thing I'm not getting to work is the:

exec("/usr/sbin/./sendmail #{RECIPIENT} << EOF
From: "Episode Engine" <noreply / example.com>

"Job #{MEDIA} has #{REASON}"
EOF")

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.