On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:30 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I think it was Jim Weirich who pointed out that, given the
>> usual sense of the term "metaclass" as a class which produces other
>> classes, Class itself is the only metaclass in Ruby. The term is
>> sometimes used to refer to singleton classes in general, and sometimes
>> to refer only to singleton classes of Class objects:
>
> I usually don't disagree with my younger friend Jim, but...

Let's detach it from Jim unless he chimes in himself. I mentioned him
because I thought I remembered hearing this characterization from him,
but if there are inaccuracies in what I'm saying I don't want history
to record them as having come from Jim.

David

--
THE COMPLEAT RUBYIST, Ruby training with Black/Brown/McAnally!
January 22-23, Tampa, Florida