On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com> wrote:

> When I was a young lad, it used to be that young programmers took a
> semester long course on numerical analysis, which started with, and
> continuously came back to dealing with the properties of floating
> point numbers.
>
> I guess that doesn't happen much anymore.

I took numerical analysis, but ironically, only after dropping my CS
major and going for a math major.
Also, I'll content that abstract algebra was about the best course
I've taken for helping the way I think about programming.

Too bad the CS students are all too busy trying to get their Java/C++
projects to compile :)